Author: Pamela Moore
Topics: Anti-Recession / Success Stories
I am in the Health and Wellness industry and realized that in order for my business to thrive in this economy thinking outside the box was a necessity. I needed to alter my mainstream thought process and recognize a dramatic change in perspective is necessary during these unsettling times. The outcome has resulted in a 300% sales increase and 4 times more productivity.
The results I was able to achieve by thinking outside the box include:
- Creating a growth oriented organization of high quality motivated sales people and distributors
- 40% increased retention of team members that wanted to do exceptionally well
- Sales volumes are up by 300% compared to the same period last year
- The sales model is understood and rigorously applied. There are no shortcuts.
Following are the key strategies that have enabled us to thrive in this economy.
Shift focus: Personal finance has become more important than health.
- Recognizing this caused a change in my approach, targeting the true needs of my marketplace.
- Last year my business focus was improving personal optimum health, people everywhere wanted to become healthy.
- 81% of North Americans are overweight and want to do something about it, people are stressed, tired and unhealthy.
- Business was booming until the recession hit hard in December.
- I have altered my selling opportunity focus from HEALTH to WEALTH.
- I now sell an income opportunity, the health aspect is a side benefit.
- Because of this shift my business has dramatically increased.
Train your team how to sell more and beat the economic downturn.
- I can get 4 times out of my work day by empowering my sales force and increasing their leadership skills.
- By helping them succeed – I succeed.
- Matching energies is very important so I do not waste time.
- I understand what and who gives me energy so we are continuously propelled forward.
Go after BIG numbers: the more people looking, the more possibilities.
- I know that I need to have 100 people look to find 2 gems.
- The internet has expanded my geographic regions worldwide and allows for a huge increase in my numbers.
- After a very brief initial phone call I use links and web based tools to save time when connecting with new prospects by email.
- I do not spam and firmly believe in permission based selling and developing relationships.
- The simple question “would you be open to hearing more?” opens the door almost every time.
For more information contact Pamela Moore at 905.846.6442