For those of you that are beginning a new venture into becoming an independent publisher in 2010, you will need a check list of things that will make you a publishing success. Here are steps for your publishing success check list:
- A good idea that is unique, inspirational or educational
- Belief in success as a writer or publisher
- Contact with those who can help you along the way
- Determination that never quits - check this twice!
- Excellence in all you do - find a great editor.
- Freelance publishing professionals for help when needed.
- Good cover design the Pops with Interest
- Honest opinions from others
- Innovative way to market your publication
- Joyful jubilation as you pass each hurdle
- Kick in the pants - when you get frustrated
- Lots of good advice from experienced publishers
- Masterful story line
- Name/title of publication that will attract buyers
- Order Fulfillment Company to process, pack and ship
- Printer who is reliable and affordable
- Question others for knowledge and good advice
- Return on Investment - Lots of Book and DVD sales
- Software for Publishers that will ease the way.
- Time devoted to making sure every detail is covered.
- Unrelenting pursuit of your dream - check it twice!
- Vision for your publication
- Writers Group to help support your efforts
- Xtra pinch of Good Luck
- Yell - go ahead - do it when you are frustrated! It is not unusual!
- Zippy shipping to get your On-line Orders to Readers and Viewers fast
Check the list, and check it twice. There are alot of steps but do not get discouraged. With a clear understanding of your project, your market, your expectations and an unfaultering "CAN DO" attitude, you will have publishing success. Best Wishes!
"When a person really desires something, all the Universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream" ~ Paul Coeho